Waterfall

Waterfall
All photos have been captured by me, unless otherwise stated.

Friday 12 September 2014

Coffee & A Stroll

We know I love my coffee. We also know I am a stepping machine. That being said, and some wedding goals being set, I have been going for morning neighborhood walks. After a few walks there is something I am dying to admit. I have a deep, affectionate love for the city. 

Phew!  It feels so much better that admit that.  Sorry, Mike, I love you too (just in a different way).

Toronto is viewed in many different ways. On a pessimistic side, people often see the city as crowded, with rude city dwellers. Full of concrete and Starbucks, and as a business central (Which can also be a good thing). Visitors to the city often come for work, where they don't have a chance to explore. Those who don't come here for a business trip, come for the attractions. This shows people crowds, lines, and all for things that you can find anywhere (high towers, zoos, aquariums, yadda yadda yadda). 

I see why the city may come off as anything but charming, but charming is exactly what it is. When you look at the hidden secrets this wonderful city has to offer. The art, culture, local cafes, and history of each neighborhood is exciting in its own right. The waterfront has beautiful grassy spots, and sandy beaches. There is something to check out no matter which direction you are headed. However, defending the city is not the purpose of this post. I am in love, remember, and I don’t enjoy hearing negativity towards the things I cherish.

This morning I made a coffee at home, then put the delicious, hot, liquid into a travel cup (Yes, a Starbucks one), and I left my house. The walk was not long, or far, but it steered me through side streets I have never known. It was simply magical. As a huge admirer of architecture, I can't help but adore old homes with tons of character. Equally so, renovated homes and new designs are an obsession of mine. Bare wood, black framing, and brick seems to be a popular choice, and it’s a spectacular look. What appeals most to me on these walks, are the unison of all homes. Every sort of style is jammed into one tiny street and like a little magic trick, it all works rather seamlessly.

In front of the homes in this neighborhood is usually a tiny green space. Passing by and seeing the unique creativity in these spaces is awesome. Some people have perfect gardens with paths, while other folks have old, huge apple trees surrounded by wild flowers. Wonders like giant looming flowers, to short perfect squares of lawn can be found. It never ceases to amaze. 



Also, people need to be mentioned. Something about walking around with coffee in my hand, and my buddies Smith, Sheeran, and Legend playing softly in my ear, made me exceptionally happy. I said “hello” and “good morning” to everyone I passed. What many of you may find surprising is that most people said hi back... With a smile!  This is why I love the city. There is so much reason to be uptight, scheduled, and stressed out. Yet, everyday there are people out, moseying about, like me. Out enjoying the day, and taking it all in with deep, liberating, breaths. <3

Not only did all of these lovely things inspire me to write, but it pushes me to keep stepping, and continue to fill my heart with things that make me happy on a daily bases.

Much love,

Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Nonsense