Waterfall

Waterfall
All photos have been captured by me, unless otherwise stated.

Saturday 6 September 2014

Solid Gold, Baby

Many people have asked me for a wedding post and I am not one to deny the masses. So, without further hesitation, here is the wedding post.

Bright lights. Exciting adventures. Where do you go when you want to let loose, party, and let your inner wild out to play? 

Thousands of memories. Two words. One name....


We get asked all the time why a Vegas destination wedding is our choice, and our answer is simple. Vegas is a city of options. Choices for dinning, variations upon variations of sleeping accommodations, endless entertainment, and facilities to please every (yes, every) need, want, or desire. Vegas has it all, and better yet, the price is yours to work within. A destination wedding was a budget-friendly choice for us, and a way to make sure that our nuptials are going to be an all around good time. 

As a back story, I am no planner. I like things simple, easy, and stress-free. Even this pre-organised wedding package ordeal has had me wound up and ready to lose it on occasion, and I am taking the easy way out. I could not imagine a wedding here, with all the details and arrangements. Surely I would hand Mike "The List" and say "fuck this,babe. I am out." Sadly, it's just the person I am, and unless Mike wanted to be Mr. Wedding Planner, we had to find something as low-stress, and care-free as possible. Hence, Vegas, Baby!

Our plans are simple, a quick chapel ceremony, a wonderful toasting reception (which Mike has planned because even that was too much for me), and then dancing at a bar within the hotel.  Our colours are Ivory, Grey, and gold. I mean it IS Vegas, you have to have the bling, right? Right.

The checklist of things to do is nearly complete, and with each check mark brings a huge sigh of relief. We just want to be in Vegas, with many of our friends and family, and getting this party started... Like Now!!  The countdown is on, and it is 45 days until our big day. Maybe it will all seem real soon?

Speaking of check lists and seeming realities, I bought my wedding shoes today. I love them more than I love many things and even some people (I am serious.) They are beautiful, glamorous, and the perfect accessory to my dress.  As Mike knows what the shoes look like, here is a little debut for all my readers. If only I could show you the dress too...

Que your "OOOOOoooohhh"'s and "AAAAaaaaaahhhhh"'s please.



 As the date approaches I find my happiness for our choices growing and growing. I can't wait to celebrate the two of us, and our future of possibilities with people we love. I can't wait for a week of sunshine, smiles, and slutty smutty dancing (It will happen). Most of all, I can't wait for a life time with Mike, and shaping our future into one we can both be proud to call ours. <3

Stay tuned for wedding photos, and an after-Vegas post.   YEAH BABY!

Cheers,

Lauren 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Nonsense