Waterfall

Waterfall
All photos have been captured by me, unless otherwise stated.

Friday 12 September 2014

#BeingAWimp



Pushover is a strong word. A word used to describe people that let themselves be walked over by others, used by many, and do not have the ability to say the word “No!” I, personally, refuse to use the word “pushover” to describe myself. My refusal on its own is a form of standing up for myself (At least I would like to think so). However, I am a huge confrontation avoider (AKA. Wimp). That seems like a better way to describe me. In other words, I am the flight in “fight or flight”. 

Here are a couple simple examples:
  
1.    I am walking down the street. Tunes are blaring in my ear. I am thinking, walking, and doing my thing. Along comes a cyclist on the sidewalk. An adult cyclist who clearly should be on the road. What do I do? Not what I should do, that’s what. Instead of keeping my path and allowing them to swerve (because they are in the wrong and I know it), I simply move off the sidewalk and let them pass. I don’t want to deal with someone being angry at me. Ever.
  
2.   I buy a piece of clothing from a store, let’s say H&M for the pure fact that I ALWAYS shop there. Love me some H&M. Anyways… Whatever it is I buy, after a week, it rips. Destroyed. Not my fault. Totally a case for return. Would I return it? No. At least not most times. I will say, if it is super expensive, then yes, I will return it. I don’t know what it is that freaks me out so much about returning stuff, but I do not like it. I do not like green eggs and ham, either. Yuck. 

My family also has plenty of stories of me being a little flighty and some are just ridiculous (although true). Maybe one day I will be brave enough to post their stories, until then, you are stuck with my versions (no versions). I am posting about my straight up wimpiness (made up word-alert) in hopes of receiving some encouraging words or advice from anyone who wants to share. In my eyes, I avoid confrontation because most of the time, it is easier. I let negative thoughts and actions go to make more room for positives. This is the way I feel, but perhaps I need to man up more often and as mom would say, to put my “Little balls out, right on forward”… And on we march.

So, are you a wimp too? A recovering one? Perhaps your balls (figuratively) have always been out and in charge?  Let me know what you do to stand up for yourself, even against really scary people. If you are a little timid, and not interested in a fight (like me), I support you… But do you have limits? A time when enough is freaking ENOUGH?   

Until the next spout of words and nonsense, cheers.

Lauren (AKA Little Laurnie Big Wimp)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Nonsense