Waterfall

Waterfall
All photos have been captured by me, unless otherwise stated.

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Afterlife?



Ending on the coat-tails of my last post; browsing of my favourite subject prompts website lead me to this “Where would you like to go when you die? Describe your perfect afterlife”.

I try not to think of afterlife when it comes to my own life. Only because I feel like we, as individuals, should focus all of our energy on making the present significant and enjoying our current lives. I believe that has the most impact on our eventual afterlife.

That being said, when someone close to me passes away, I do have a firm belief that they are with all other loved ones dancing the time away and enjoying life. Is it in heaven? I really don’t know.

In my mind, this afterlife is worry-free. I don’t think we will ever get all the answers to life’s big questions, but rather, we will not feel the need to know everything. My perfect afterlife would be spent on a beautiful island, with all my loved ones and more. There would be spaces for partying and socializing, epic spa facilities (ghost girl has to get her massage on), and more books than what exists on earth. Food, drink, music and laughter would be in abundance, and so would quiet places to get away from it all. Creating art and fun would be necessary and central to the community of afterlife folk.

This is all my human mind can imagine. Previous things I have seen or felt that to me, would be ideal to stay in forever. However, what if we aren’t in bodies after we die? What if we are orbs? What if we are animals? What if we are something we can’t even wrap our brains around? Just as easily as I could be wondering an island in a perpetual state of happiness, I could be a light beam shooting through space in euphoria!

Afterlife is just one big question (or possibility) that is an ideal, a faith, a hope. It’s a wonderful prospect that keeps us all going and helps to deal with the loss of our greats. If it is real (and I hope it is) it makes for a great ending to any, and all, human life.  If it isn’t real, my next hope is that our souls come back and re-enter this world in various forms. That gives me peace too.

What are your afterlife ideals?

Cheers,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Nonsense