Waterfall

Waterfall
All photos have been captured by me, unless otherwise stated.

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Reading Books & Drinking Wine

Most people know me as an outgoing person. A social butterfly. A Selfie Queen and party girl. If I asked you whether I am an introvert, or an extrovert, many would answer extrovert. Hands down. Here is where you’re wrong:

An introvert is best described as someone who gives their energy to other wonderful people. Where an extrovert takes the energy from others. An extrovert needs people around much of the time to lift them up and to thrive, whereas an introvert requires down time to re-charge before they face people again. That is me.

I give my energy away, and gladly so. However, when the crowd disperses, and everyone has gone home. I head straight for some alone time. A bubble bath, a good book, and if I am so lucky, a glass of red wine. This is my quiet, tranquil, heaven.

Reading a book allows my brain to reset, to focus, and restore any given (or sometimes stolen) mental energy.

Wine helps to relax, rest, and enjoy the capabilities of my developed adult taste buds.

It’s a perfect combination, a match made in love, and my go-to on the in-between days. The days were there is no dance party, or rooftop BBQ, or family to visit. The days where it pours rain, or worse, snow. I stay in, curl up in bed or on the couch and read. If my other, better, half is in the apartment, reading may be replaced by television shows so we can be together but simultaneously numb to the real world. It’s fabulous.

What I am getting at, and the reason for this post is to show that even us non-stop, party-rocking, individuals with huge personalities require downtime. Rest – Restore – Do it all again. Books, shows, bubble baths, coffee and an occasional hefty glass of red; that’s where I get my energy to socialize. Whether you enjoy me for my crazy laughter, un-filtered words, or watching me fall at a party, I hope you will keep that tiny piece of energy and cherish it. It is my gift to you and the reason I rest. 

:) 

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Nonsense