Waterfall

Waterfall
All photos have been captured by me, unless otherwise stated.

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Selfies


Yes, the queen of the selfie is brave enough to write about the controversial photos.

First of all, I love a good selfie. No, not duck face or funeral selfies. A good up close shot of anyone’s face is a beautiful photo to me.  Your face is your best tell all. It’s the feature that both shows and hides your feelings, as well as, reacts to your surroundings and shows others just how unique you really are. I believe every face is beautiful in every way, and I love to show mine. Don't even get me started on selfies that feature multiple faces, it is the best. Top that with a photobomb, and it is going on my fridge!

My Awesome Brother and I 


Secondly, aren’t faces the whole reason we all joined Facebook in the first place? Back when it was primarily a College/University social networking site and you had to be over 18 to sign up. The whole point of it is to connect with each other, to keep in touch with each other, and to share with each other. Last time I checked, everyone has a face. Now a days I see many more videos, website links, and memes than I see of anyone’s interesting, stunning face.

Lastly, what is with the hatred? Are you insecure of your own face? Do you hate that other people love themselves? Is it self-confidence you lack? I don’t get it, if you are a #selfiehater (Yes I hashtagged that, I am going to make it huge on The Twitter) what made you that way? Can’t we just all get along?


I am not a vain person, nor am I insecure. I love my body, I love my spirit, and I love my face. When I take a good photo of myself, I love to share it. Not for likes. Not for compliments. For me. Because I like it. I am pretty selfish when it comes to social media, and I share what I want, not what I think everyone else will like. I WILL post selfies. I WILL post fitness crap. I WILL post videos of cats failing to make their jump. Regardless of the lists people post about “The worst things to post on Facebook”. I really don’t care if you can’t stand it, because I am not you, I am me, and I freaking adore me.

My last piece of advice is that if you are a #selfiehater (yeah I did it again), or you hate anything that gets posted by me, or anyone else, then hide them. It’s simple, efficient, and you don’t even have to tell them.





Sometimes a good rant feels great. Now, bring on those gorgeous faces!

Until the next time I have something to say about… something,

Lauren

Mike and I

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love this. And your endless selfies.. they make my days.

    ReplyDelete

Previous Nonsense