Waterfall

Waterfall
All photos have been captured by me, unless otherwise stated.

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Work B*tch.

Well... This is a story all about how, the Fitbit changed my life forever, and how.
 (Read that like the start of the Fresh Prince theme song)

I know, I know, I just wrote about the Fitbit Flex, what more could there possibly me to say??

This is just a story about my day, specifically for you Fitbit "Non-Believers". I am not naming names, but I know people who only like to walk when they have a set destination, and I used to be one of those people. Not anymore. 

Usually during my day I reach my 10,000 steps without issue. I do some walking with work, and also to get to and from work, as many Torontonians do. I often take the kids to the park, or the long way home, and find it easy to each my goals. However, today was a different kind of day. Old me would say today was awesome. I didn't have to do the school runs, or even walk to and from the streetcar at the end of the day. My work day was super easy, and barely even work if you can even call going to the beach with the cutest almost 3 yr old in town, and watching TLC with your boss, actual work.  Ol' lazy me would have been in her glory to come home, still energetic, and pop-a-squat on the couch to do absolutely nothing. 

Here comes the fit part. 

My friendly little Flex was only sporting two out of five dots when I got home. This means I was somewhere over 4000 steps, but not yet at 6000. This was depressing. So far away from my goal. So, I ate a tiny, child sized dinner, strapped on my runners and went for a walk. I walked a large city block, and a bit, until 4/5 dots were lit up and the last dot was blinking. I was over 8k steps, but still under 10k. So close, but still, so far.

Yum.
Happy with where I was, considering the day, I headed back home where there is a gigantic chocolate bar waiting for me right here on the coffee table. I am on day two of severe chocolate cravings and I told myself I could NOT have this this bar until I reached my goal...But it looks soooo tasty.

Why not cheat? Mike isn't here to catch me. Old me would have mowed that sucker. But I looked at that last blinking dot, synced my Flex to my computer and found out I still needed 1300 steps. My heart sank. The guilt would eat me alive if I ate that chocolate. So I ran on the spot.

I ran, and ran and ran. I ran up and down the stairs a few times. Then it started getting tough, and I found myself chanting in a whisper. This is embarrassing. My chant was "You want that treat?? You better work B*tch!" I guess I call my inner Britney when I need a push because I conquered every last step with perseverance. When I felt the gentle buzz of the Flex celebrating 10,000 earned steps, I did a happy dance and stared at that chocolate bar. "I am going to eat you." I whispered before peeling it open and enjoying every last bite.

Not only did I earn this chocolate bar, but I made myself really proud. I would have never done the extra work if it weren't for my new fitness partner, and I am so thankful for that. (Even if I am a tad obsessed). 
Bahaha.





I don't believe in never having treats, or wine, and when a girl has her lady-times real bad. She can have one, or both, without any judgement. (Its a true fact)

xo

Me

<3

1 comment:

Previous Nonsense