Waterfall

Waterfall
All photos have been captured by me, unless otherwise stated.

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Love Letter to Fitness

Dear Flex,

Nearly two weeks ago, you were given to me as a wonderful early birthday gift from the world's best boss and I have to say, although I knew I would definitely like you, I did not expect to fall in love... and so soon. 

For a few years now I have been focusing on, and off (Yikes!) of my overall fitness by trying different work out strategies, eating suggestions, and countless other "techniques", if you will. There was a phase where I abided by the not-so-loving guidance of Jillian Michaels, as well as times were I fasted once a week (that did not last long). Although I have slimmed down a touch here and there, I have never come close to my goals (No, I do not want a perfect body, I just want to be healthy for me). Within my heart of hearts, I know that this is changing. Now.

Unlike Jillian, you, my lovely Fitbit Flex are a gentle reminder to walk, walk, walk without making me feel like a useless sack of potatoes (Thanks, Jill). The ability to track my distance, calorie burn, steps, food intake, sleep patterns and more, through your clever dashboard, has me smitten. I can watch the dials daily and know I am making progress to my goal. I feel better, healthier, and most importantly, willing to do the work. Just yesterday, I would have liked to stay in and catch up on shows, but I chose to get out and walk. Completing my ten thousand step goal on a day when I would normally only finish five.

Perhaps it is the way you smile and call me "Champ" when I have reached a daily goal, or the way you gently vibrate on my wrist when I have hit 10,000 steps (total happy dance...every time), or maybe, just maybe, its because you make me believe in myself and my ability to take strides towards an even happier (hard to imagine), healthier, me. Thanks to you, I no longer feel useless, I feel captivated, motivated and empowered.

Needless to say, there are so many reasons I fell in love with you, and this love (or possible addiction?) will only grow the closer I get to being my ideal level of fit. 

With love and countless steps,

Lauren

P.S. I am only at 6,000 steps so far today—lets get to work.


For information on the Fitbit Flex, and other awesome Fitbit products, please visit Fitbit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Nonsense