Waterfall

Waterfall
All photos have been captured by me, unless otherwise stated.

Monday 23 June 2014

Coffee & Great Friendship

My love for a hot, strong cup of coffee has only increased with age. A twenty year old Lauren would have made gagging noises at the word coffee, but not the *cough cough* almost thirty *cough* Lauren. This girl loves nothing more than to sit and chat over a cup (or ten) of joe.

Friends and coffee go hand in hand. Like bacon and eggs, music and dancing, or sunshine and a good book. Over the weekend, I had the amazing privilege of reconnecting with several friends. One of which had me over for, you guessed it, coffee (and the most delicious breakfast).

We had not seen each other in a long, long time. Too long. The funny thing about great friendships is that no matter the gap in time, conversations sounds the same, laughter always happens, and there is a general ease to the relationship. This was one of those cases. We sat on her sweet balcony and talked and laughed and talked and people watched and laughed. For hours.

When I left, I could not help but think about how amazing she is. Let me tell you, this woman is the definition of inspiring. She is hilarious. I mean really hilarious. It takes a skill to be that funny without being annoying (I tread on the annoyingly funny line like it’s my job… Seriously, ask Mike). She is a creative soul, an excellent writer, and has one of the cutest, most charming apartments I have laid eyes on.  She is so full of love for everyone and everything, especially for her adorable dog. She has a soul that gives her the power to be honest, and not many people carry that trait. Whether you like it or not, she will tell you what she thinks, and it is fabulous. I cherish her wisdom, and endless backbone. She takes on the world, and is not afraid to do it.
 
On top of having an inner beauty that is astounding. She is edgy, tattooed,  and has wild, beautiful hair with curls I can’t pay my hair to have. She is a stunning, natural beauty all around and what hit me the hardest is how long I had gone without making sure to see her. Not anymore. Nope. I missed those hilarious conversations more than I could ever put into words. I won’t let that gap in time happen again, not if I have a say in it.
Not to mention, she loves coffee just as much, if not more, than I do. It’s a match made in heaven.

I went on that day to reconnect with several old friends. It was a day of general nostalgia, and I could not have asked for a better trip home, or a better person to haul back into my life. For good.

Cheers to friendship, and copious amounts of coffee,


Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Nonsense